Sunday, January 3, 2010

Random Reflections by Digital Scrap Fun

Happy New Year to everyone – hope you all had a nice holiday. We didn’t do much – it’s hard to get out when you have young kids. My best babysitters were already going out and my MIL is watching the boys overnight in a couple of weeks so I didn’t want to ask her. It is back to reality now – no more three day weekends and tax season is imminent. I guess we may have a bit of a delay this year as Oregon decided (for some reason) to have a vote on taxes in the middle of January for the previous year. It depends on the tax software manufacturers if we will be able to get started or not. Grrrr!

Anyway, this week I made some layouts with Random Reflections by Digital Scrap Fun. I love the colors in this kit and have many pictures to match. This time I focused on my birthday which is rare. I mostly scrap about the boys so it was a fun change. I was looking back on my paper scrapbooks recently and loved all the pages about me and my husband that I made before we had kids so I am going to try to incorporate more of those in my scrapping. Check out the preview:

DSF_RR_.preview

Here are my layouts. I did them both using the template provided for this month’s template challenge. I loved it and it worked great for both pages. The mister, D and I went to Sand in the City which is held at Pioneer Courthouse Square in downtown Portland. It is a charity event and people make these great sand sculptures. I am constantly amazed by the things people can create with sand.

Digital Scrap Fun - Random Reflections - Page 001

Digital Scrap Fun - Random Reflections 2 - Page 002

Don’t forget that Stuff to Scrap is having a Designer Darling Contest starting on the 11th – you may have a chance to join the awesome group of designers over there. Go sign up now! Questions answered here and sign ups are here.

Also, tomorrow morning there will be a freebie quick page made by me over at A+ Designs blog. The blog has a new, fabulous look and freebies every Monday. There is also a newsletter that comes out on Fridays which has a freebie too – make sure to sign up.

Come back here Wednesday for my Cherry Chocolate quick page and stay tuned for news of the new creative team I was just accepted to – I am very excited!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment