Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Pinch of This and a Dash of That – just a great kit!

This week I had the privilege of playing with Just So Scrappy’s kit called A Pinch of This and a Dash of That. I love this kit – and it is HUGE! It has 34 papers, 148 elements and 3 full alphas – isn’t that amazing?? I love the colors and the variety and quantity of elements means you can make so many layouts. There is a whole set of baking related elements but also a full set of non-baking elements. I ended up making two Christmas pages since the colors matched my boys’ pjs but I still have many baking pictures to conquer and this kit will help me get the job done. Check out the preview:

Pinch and Dash kit prevew

While you are in her store, make sure to check out her other kits – there are so many great ones. My favorites are Boys Will Be Boys, Dylan, Ladybug Ladybug, and Hannah Banana! I’m adding these to my wishlist for sure.

My first layout was done for a Speed Scrap. The challenge for me in this speed scrap was the layering of papers – not something I do often. I do like it though so I think I’ll try to do it more. I took pictures of the boys sitting with all of their opened presents. My MIL did this and it helped later when the mister and his sisters were older and there were questions about who owned the stuff in her attic! I thought it was a good idea. :)

A Pinch of This #2

I did this layout for the Word of the Week challenge – how could I not apply the word cozy to the warm footie pjs? I wish I could get away with wearing them too! I’ll be sad when the boys outgrow their footie jammies. :(

A Pinch of This #1 - Page 019

I probably won’t post again until after Christmas so have a good and safe holiday! We’ll be going to my bff D’s house on Christmas Eve and then to my MIL’s for Christmas dinner. We are having turkey soup and snacks instead of a full, big meal. We did that last year because we were the only ones there. She decided to do it again just for the ease and also because we just had the huge Thanksgiving feast. I think it is a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment