Monday, December 28, 2009

Bright and Cheery Monday

Just For You Digi Scraps has a wonderful kit called Bright and Cheery that I was lucky enough to play with. What pleased me so much about this kit was, even though it contains pink, the pink is not so overwhelming that I couldn’t make pages for my son’s 1st birthday. I love it when I can get a kit with pink since it is rare for me with two boys! I also love the glitter swirls and the flowers with stitches – the shape of the flowers is fabulous. Head to her store and check it out along with all her other kits since they are 30% off now for the End of Year Sale going on through 12/31!

Here is the preview:

JFYDS_BrightandCheery_preview

J2 actually ate his cake, J1 had no interest at his first birthday. I think my MIL sort of forced some frosting into his mouth and he was marginally interested at that point but still, not much down the hatch. J2, being the second kid, had more exposure to sweets than J1 did – poor kid! Oh, and I made and decorated the cupcakes myself – the cake decorating class I took like 13 years ago helped! I have to make all the baked goods because of J1’s food allergies – at least J2 doesn’t seem to have any. I’ve gotta say, it sure is nice when you can just let your child eat whatever you are eating! I am fairly certain that D made the veggie tray and my MIL made the fruit tray so I can’t take credit for the whole spread.

Christmas Book 2009 - Page 021

Of course J1 opened most of the presents but J2 didn’t mind so everyone was happy.

Bright and Cheery #2 - Page 022

It’s not too late to get in on some of the challenges over in the forums this month and don’t forget, designers, we are having a Designer Darling Contest that starts January 11th – signs ups here and questions answered here!

post signature

1 comment: